Well, well well … I missed last Friday then I missed this Friday … so I think what we’ll do is add my image from Pieces of Me which has five subjects on it for Last week’s image first.
Let’s pretend this is August 24th shall we?
In Beyond Layers two weeks ago our assignment was Pieces of Me … and we were given specific things to photograph then report back for duty.
There were 10 items but I only managed 5 ….. however you never know, the rest will pop up somewhere in the future, I’m sure. This is why I will use this for my 5 facts for now.
I will warn you that as photos go, this was hastily done from capture to post processing. Some of you have done amazing things with your Pieces and I commend you.
For August 24th 5 Fact Friday
1. I look at my chair and am reminded it needs painting. A nice white should be in order I think. We were given two old beautiful folding Adirondack chairs a few years ago … so comfy and surprisingly this one is easy to get out of. By the way, I see lots of rectangles and converging lines in this image (will be refered to in Day 63 in BL on Finding Shapes) later.
2. Our mailbox is well, old, but it came with the property (we rent) and it has been hit with baseball bats and the like more than once while hooligans are doing their thing in the middle of the night but my husband goes out there, bangs out the dents, secures it back onto the post and puts it back into the ground. We’re still on a Rural Route which I love since so many neighbourhoods have community lock boxes. There is something comforting about walking to the mailbox and opening up the door to see what you get. Much of the time it’s filled with local newspapers and a zillion flyers … a few bills still come this way … and soon my Love Letter to me from me will be in there … of course I will have to take a picture right? The trees behind it are in a tree nursery and is ever-changing with the seasons and when he changes up the product. There used to be a whole bunch of bamboo trees there. I learned a lot about bamboo from that. The area I live in has a lot of nurseries, greenhouses and tree and berry farms.
3. I’m currently reading as recommended by Kim Klassen during our Beyond Layers classes ‘The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron’ … soooooo worth it! I even started writing my morning pages. It’s incredible how they help to clear your mind to start the day. I missed two days this week due to out of routine mornings and family.
4. My kitchen faucet is just that, water comes out of it … I hate my kitchen. When working in it … that’s when I so wish we owned our own home. Tired of working with broken appliances and no cupboard doors.
5. My favourite Beverage … – Daily it’s Coffee, any kind of coffee. There is coffee in that cup but I drank it out of view, time to go in for a refill. Love grinding my own … hazelnut this week which is a treat. And when I have the chance to indulge it’s a Toffee Nut Mocha/Chocolate Coffee based Frappe at SB.
So there you have it for Last week … I have so much stuff to add it’s going to take me hours and hours. It will be interesting once it’s on here. Really … =0)
Till the next thought,